Eckhardt Research Center Cleanroom
Bulley & Andrews, with Design Build partner Jacobs Engineering, provided services for the buildout and design of a Cleanroom within the new William Eckhardt Research Center (ERC) at the University of Chicago.
Consisting of 15,500 SF, including support spaces and 6,300 SF under filter, key features of the project included:
- Class 100 & 1000 Cleanroom space
- Electro Magnetic (EMI) Shielding at E-Beam room and active cancellation of electro-magnetic interference
- 100% HEPA Filter coverage within clean space
- 18 UHP (ultra high purity) specialty gas delivery systems, with capacity for 16 future
- Silane Room – designed to withstand a blast of 100 psf
- 26 re-circulating AHU’s with four fans each
As the lead design build partner, B&A ensured a collaborative building approach for the successful completion of this complex project.