St. Peter’s Episcopal Church: Historic Rehabilitation
In 2016, Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church was declared a “distressed parish,” by their leadership with the intention assessing the historic church’s exterior and interior health. Though a series of construction projects have commenced since then, Bulley & Andrews is proud to have completed their latest in 2022.
The scope of work included:
- Adding a new HVAC system
- Restoring and relamping all historic light fixtures
- Constructing a new, glass-walled office space and entryway vestibule
- Installing protective glazing over existing stained-glass
- Modifying pews and the sanctuary layout
- Adding three new bathrooms, a new pantry and janitor’s closet
- Tuckpointing and adding membrane for roofing
- Restoring part of an interior wall and woodwork
The project was awarded a Faith & Form Interfaith Design Award in the adaptive re-use category. The awards program honors the best in architecture, liturgical design and art for religious spaces.