The Park District of Oak Park provides recreational facilities and services for 53,000 residents. To assist the Park District in their continued commitment to residents, Bulley & Andrews provided general contracting services for renovations to Ridgeland Common.
To create the new recreational space, the existing building went through a major 54,000 sq. ft. renovation and expansion. All components were removed except for the existing wood timber structure. The ice rink was expanded to official size and equipped for year round use and all interior facilities were entirely updated. Additional modifications on the six acre site include:
- 50 meter swimming pool update
- new children’s zero-depth play pool
- additional fencing and lights for the ball fields
- 2 baseball fields / 1 soccer field – new synthetic turf
- new 10,000 sq. ft. dog park
- new parking lot
The project is pursing LEED Silver certification.