Northwestern University Kresge Centennial Hall Renovation
Originally built in 1954, Kresge Centennial Hall is one of the most actively used buildings on Northwestern University’s campus and was in need of a significant upgrade. Bulley & Andrews served as general contractor for the renovation and addition project.
Working with Northwestern beginning with preconstruction, the project involved a complete gut and renovation of the building’s 85,000 sq. ft. as well as the demolition and reconstruction of the building’s southeast wing and a five-story, 15,000 sq. ft. addition.
The renovation provides classroom space which incorporates high-tech learning technology on the first and second floors, office and support space on the upper floors for faculty and staff and a common area featuring a cafe. The project includes cutting edge mechanical systems and is designed to achieve LEED Platinum certification.
B&A utilized Lean construction methods such as pull-planning to successfully manage schedule and budget parameters for the project.