860-880 N. Lake Shore Drive
Bulley & Andrews served as construction manager for the exterior and partial interior restoration of two of Chicago’s most celebrated landmarks: 860-880 N. Lake Shore Drive. Designed by world renowned architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, the towers were completed in 1951. Over the years, time and water damage rendered considerable deterioration to various building components. Bulley & Andrews’ restoration work to these two high-rise steel structures included:
• Exterior painting of building facades to their original colors
• Plaza/structure repair including replacement of travertine
• Repair and restoration of lobby floor and lobby interiors
• New roof membrane for both structures
• Fire alarm and annunciator panel for both buildings
The multi-phased project was completed in October 2008 and has received accolades from architectural enthusiasts around the globe.