Bulley & Andrews served as general contractor for the new Avondale Campus Center. The three-story, 28,000 SF vacant 1905-vintage masonry building was renovated to provide additional childcare services for a community with limited programming. The facility includes child care classrooms and related functions on the first and second floors and community center functions on the third floor (cafe, computer lab, art room, multi-purpose room and toilet rooms).
Interior work included exterior wall insulation and drywall, interior partitions, flooring, ceiling, lighting, all new MEP/FP and life safety systems, two new elevators, one new prefabricated metal stair, millwork, folding partitions and select interior glazing. Structural reinforcing was required on a select basis.
The 3,900 SF, one-story addition engages the Childcare and Community Center building at the south elevation, west end. The addition has two roof heights; both comprised of modified bitumen. Exterior walls were constructed of masonry with various back-up, aluminum storefront with clear glazing and fiber cement composite panels.