Staff Accountant/Payroll Coordinator
The Staff Accountant is responsible for payroll, day-to-day accounts payable/receivable functions including payment processing to subcontractors & vendors, data entry, reconciling, and reporting.
- Payroll processing for field and office personnel
- Maintain employee records
- Update Union rates & benefits
- Expense reports processing
- Compile, sort, and record daily accounting transactions
- Various administrative duties include mailing, scanning, and copying
- Assist in subcontractor/vendor payment compliance and distribution
- Assist in material invoice payment compliance
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Daily cash procedures
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files
- Reconciling accounts and internal audits
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of accounting or administrative experience. Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related degree preferred. Construction accounting or payroll experience is a plus.
- Must be team-oriented with the ability to respond to and work well with diverse personalities at various levels.
- Strong computer and technical skills, including Microsoft Office. CMiC and ADP is a plus.
- Must possess good communication and customer service skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines