Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the daily management of all aspects of key company projects including planning, directing and coordinating. Also responsible for establishing and effectively maintaining the relationships with both the Client and the Architect. The Senior Project Manager shall provide overall management for select projects and ensure that project objectives are accomplished within prescribed cost parameters and time frames.
- Provides day to day project leadership to ensure client satisfaction; compliance with all quality and safety standards.
- Involved in business development and the marketing of the company to existing and prospective clients, including participation in RFP process, estimating efforts, logistics planning and interview efforts for a potential project.
- Responsible for day to day financial management of a project.
- Preparing subcontract scope and contracts/purchase agreements.
- Ensuring adherence to payment terms of contract;
- Responsible for reporting to the Project Executive and/or Vice President on a regular basis with information on project status (including schedule, changes, quality control, budget), Owner relations, Architect relations, requisitions and collections.
- Responsible for overall project schedule including its development, maintenance/tracking, updates/changes and obtaining necessary approvals; ensuring adherence to milestone dates and managing impact on budget and manpower needs;
- Work closely with Superintendent regarding all field-related issues including daily/weekly site visits as project dictates, coordination of subcontractors and field personnel, reviewing progress of subcontractors/suppliers on site and off, reviewing drawings and sketches, inspecting pre-fabricated items and materials prior to delivery and after installation, and ensuring highest standards of safety and quality on site at all times.
- Responsible for reviewing daily field reports, work orders, and any changes to a project, approves daily labor hours and cost allocation, ensures all subcontractors are properly insured.
- Responsible for conducting weekly job site meetings with owner/owners’ representative and architect including preparation of agenda and minutes/project report.
- Responsible for overseeing close-out including preparation of punch list, securing sign-offs and certificate of occupancy (where required); filing all required permits, and assisting project biller in obtaining final waivers.
- Facilitates a smooth transition with Clients to our Service Division for the maintenance and service needs of their project upon completion including warranty work and any future new renovation needs.
- Will serve as a mentor to others including Project Manager, Project Engineer and Project Assistant and will have an active leadership role in their growth & development.
- Responsible for document control procedures and maintenance, either directly or overseeing subordinate efforts, including organization of contract documents, RFI’s, submittals, OAC meeting, closeout, pay application process, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience or equivalent. Knowledge of construction project management/accounting-related software applications, Procore preferred. Prior experience managing and developing people. LEED Certification preferred.