As one of the oldest executive clubs in Chicago, the Chicago Club has offered world-class services to its members for more than 140 years. As a way to enhance these services, the club recently undertook several renovations to its historic 1929 building located at the corner of Van Buren Street and South Michigan Avenue, including the addition of a new rooftop terrace. Due to the building’s prime location on Michigan Avenue’s historic street-wall, the new 3,000 SF terrace offers members unobstructed views of Grant Park and the lakefront.
Entrusted with the continued improvement of the club, Bulley & Andrews served as construction manager for the renovations. In addition to the rooftop terrace, renovations also included the 8th floor kitchen and dining room, an expansion of the 4th floor fitness room, doubling its size to 1,400 SF, and HVAC upgrades throughout the building.